Faculty of Engineering and Architecture, which was established in1992,was separated into two faculties in 2009. Faculty of Engineering started to function from 2009-2010 academic year on.
Faculty of Engineering aims to educate fully qualified engineers in all aspects. In today’s competitive environment, the engineers who are the graduates of GAU Faculty of Engineering, are aimed to be fully equipped with technological, language and engineering skills. The vision of Faculty of Engineering is to become comprehensive, distinct faculty that is recognized both nationally and internationally in engineering teaching, research and development. The mission is to create and disseminate knowledge through creative inquiry, to provide the high standards in engineering education and to serve our students by teaching them how to become contemporary engineers who are culturally informed and well equipped with technological skills. In carrying out its mission, Faculty of Engineering commits to continually evaluating, improving and evolving its programs and stimulates meaningful research and service to community by which they belong to.
As Engineering Faculty, we have completed a long term strategic planning process and have identified our strengths and directions for the coming five years. The following list shows our strengths:
- High and diverse quality of academic staff.
- English curriculum and teaching.
- International and multicultural education environment
- Having separate teaching building with modern and technological infrastructure, “Technopark.”
- The strong basic science in our faculty.
- Strong advisorship service for students.
- Strong student-academic staff relationship and communication
- International operations of GAU all around the world.
- Having an international, global university campus.
- In addition to being accredited by Turkish Higher Education Council (YOK) in Turkey, all engineering programmes are recognized and accredited by many other countries’ accreditation authorities.
- Increasing number of papers published/presented in national and international journals/conferences.
- Existing laboratories for all departments that are equipped with the most recent technological equipments and materials.
- TRNC is an attractive, safe and secure place to study.
- Location of the GAU Karmi Campus and Engineering Faculty in “Girne”.
Faculty of Engineering aims to educate fully qualified engineers in all aspects. In today’s competitive environment, the engineers who are the graduates of GAU Faculty of Engineering, are aimed to be fully equipped with technological, language and engineering skills. The Technopark Building, which is an important asset of Faculty of Engineering, with its various research and education laboratories, provides opportunity for the students to continue their education by technological research.
To this end, I would like to encourage you to visit our campus, call or write for more information.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. IBRAHIM ERŞAN
90 392 650 2000 Ext: 1333