Political Science and Public Administration department offers a comprehensive program for future leaders, administrators and managers of public institutions as well as private organisations and companies. The program teaches numerous courses in Political Science, Political Theory, Public Administration, History, Administrative and Managerial Sciences and Law as well as other important subjects for students. The graduates have the opportunity to find jobs in diplomatic areas, public institutions, political parties, civil society organisations, international organisations, private companies and media as well as universities, strategic research centers and public opinion research companies. Thus, it is a widely preferred area of study in the recent years by young, talented and ambitious students looking for a good future career and position in society.
Department of Political Science and Public Administration Outcomes:
- Develop critical, analytical and strategic thinking and enhance effective decision-making,
- Demonstrate ability for teamworking, collaboration and leadership,
- Have detailed knowledge about Political Science and Public Administration discipline and awareness of a variety of ideas, concepts and theories within this framework,
- Acquire proficiency in English and utilize effective communication skills,
- Gain IT skills which are conducive for research using various resources and databases,
- Apply knowledge acquired into practical experience through internship before graduation,
- Gain ethical consciousness and behaviour required by the Political Science and Public Administration discipline,
- Apply theoretical Political Science and Public Administration knowledge to contemporary problems challenging the states.
The Faculty of Business and Economics (FBE) was established in 1985 and currently has around 1100 students. As part of Cyprus’s leading international university, which has four campuses in three continents, the students of the Faculty of Business and Economics have opportunities to study in the UK, USA, North Cyprus and Singapore. FBE provides a wide range of high quality bachelor, master and doctoral degree programs and attracts talented students from all around the world. Girne American University FBE has developed discipline specific graduate attributes and obtained international accreditation (IACB and ECBE in addition to YÖD and YÖK) for its business programs.
Career opportunities: The core curriculum providesa career-oriented learning and practice so as to be responsive to ever changing contemporary global requirements and needs. At the Faculty of Business and Economics, we create effective decision makers and successful leaders capable of making contributions serving the needs of local, national and international communities.
Given the multidisciplinary and career oriented nature of programs, a bachelor’s degree in FBE provides a solid background for many jobs and professions in private sector business including banking and insurance, central and local government, international institutions and education. A bachelor’s degree in business and economics also offers excellent preparation for advanced education in business, management, economics, finance and banking, public policy, international relations, and law.
Departments: The Faculty of Business and Economics comprises ten academic departments: Business Management, International Business Management, Marketing, Banking & Finance, Accounting, Economics, MIS, Political Science & Public Administration, International Relations and Aviation Management.