The Banking and Finance program aims to provide knowledge and skills relevant to the banking and wealth management sectors. The program delivers exposure to a more in-depth approach to financial planning and builds students’ necessary skills and professionalism to build a career in the banking and management industry.
1. Develop critical and strategic thinking, improve analytic skills and techniques, and enhance effective decision-making
2. Demonstrate ability for team-working, collaboration and leadership
3. Understand social and legal issues both within local and global environments
4. Acquire proficiency in English and utilize effective communication skills
5. Gain IT skills which are conducive for research using various resources and databases
6. Put knowledge acquired into practical experience through on-site internship(s) before graduation
7. Gain ethical consciousness and behavior required by the finance discipline
8. Possess the knowledge and skills required in the management of commercial banks and financial institutions
9. Analyze financial statements of the institutions mentioned above andevaluate their performance with respect to profitability, liquidity, activity, risk and solvency
10. Review and utilize interest rate concepts and theories, asset pricing and security valuation models as they apply to the financial decision-making processes in a managerial position in banking and finance
11. Analyze credits and their terms and conditions as they pertain to evaluation of agricultural, commercial, consumer and real estate loan applications
12. Analyze and select the types of securities that businesses acquire for their short and long term investment portfolios
13. Analyze, evaluate and select investment projects in addition to making sound capital budget decisions
14. Demonstrate the knowledge and managerial skills required in international banking and finance through use of hedging, speculation, swaps, futures, options, leasing, factoring and forfeiting
15. Review and analyze various cases, scenarios or actual situations and make sound decisions in the sector
Uygulamalı Bilimler Yüksekokulu, Bankacılık ve Finans diploması (240 AKTS).
Bankacılık ve Finans programının başarı ile tamamlanıp gereken yeterliliklerin kazanılması durumunda öğrenci Bankacılık ve Finans dalında lisans derecesi sahibi olur.
The Banking & Finance Department provides contemporary knowledge and professional skills that will enable students to succeed in a variety of jobs in banking sector as well as in other financial institutions. Through various courses of banking and finance delivered both at domestic and international levels, students will acquire all the necessary concepts, principles and skills which should allow them not only to obtain positions in local financial markets and institutions but also in international ones. The graduates of this programme may also continue their academic studies by proceeding with a master’s degree in Banking and Finance or in a related field of study.