The main purpose of the Marketing Department at GAU is to provide crucial knowledge and opportunities to the students in order to express themselves in rapidly changing innovative and competitive business world. Our curriculum is designed for developing our student’s conceptual and analytical thinking, creative and communicative abilities which comply with contemporary market and industry demands.
Marketing is one of the most significant business functions which focuses on the needs and wants of the organization’s key stakeholders and target audiences. In other words, building a profitable and ethical bridge among all these parts is under the responsibility of marketing function. With this comprehension, the Marketing Department at GAU is formed the content of the courses according to for both understanding consumers and organizational buying patterns and developing long-run successful marketing strategies that follow the latest managerial and technological trends in the world. It is also aimed at building strong collaboration with both local business community and multinational companies for global experiential learning and shared high level of academic studies.
During the four year programme, students also acquire practical experience in the application of these concepts and methods with the support of departmental advisors.
Department of Marketing Program Outcomes
- Develop critical and strategic thinking, improve analytic skills and techniques and enhance effective decision-making
- Demonstrate ability for teamworking, collaboration and leadership
- Understand social and legal issues both within local and global environments
- Demonstrate competence in dealing with a variety of marketing problems using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Possess awareness and competency of global issues in marketing
- Understand the international market environment and E-commerce
- Acquire proficiency in English and utilize effective communication skills
- Show ability to create professional-quality marketing plans, business documents and presentations
- Develop and evaluate the strategies of advertising, public relations and E-marketing practices
- Evaluate messages communicated through media and determine the impact of marketing communication on individual behaviour and society as a whole
- Gain IT skills which are conducive for research using various resources and databases
- Put knowledge acquired into practical experience through on-site internship(s) before graduation
- Gain ethical consciousness and behaviour such as consumer rights required by the marketing discipline