In the education program to be implemented by Girne American University Faculty of Medicine, it is aimed to raise students with superior academic qualities. For this purpose, it aims to reach the required education-training standards and to provide students with a comprehensive and international education environment and opportunities. This program aims to train experts who have international qualifications. From this point of view, it is aimed that the students participating in the program receive a high level of education and training and transform the experience and opportunities of the institution into maximum academic benefit.
Required conditions to graduate from the program (number of courses and/or credits, internship, etc.):
- Students who successfully complete six years of education are entitled to graduate with a total of 360 ECTS Credits.
- The training program profile is an integrated system and consists of Basic Medical Sciences, Internal Medicine Sciences and Surgical Medical Sciences. First 4 semesters "Basic Medical Sciences". The 5th and 6th semesters are defined as "Introduction to Clinical Sciences" and the courses are semesters. The 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th semesters are defined as "Clinical Sciences" and the courses are rotated. 11th and 12th semesters are "Family Medicine (Interna Period)" period and the courses are rotating.
- Basic Medical Sciences: Basic Biochemistry-I-II, General Physiology, Medical Biology and Genetics-I-II, Behavioral Sciences, Medical Terminology, Introduction to Public Health-I-II, Computing, Atatürk's Principles and History of Revolution I-II, Turkish Language I-II (Foreign students will attend Turkish Preparation courses during Atatürk's Principles and History of Revolution course), Medical English I-II-III-IV, Medical Law, Health Economics, Introduction to Family Medicine, Health Management, Medical Ethics I-II, General Histology, First Aid, Anatomy I-II-III, Clinical Biochemistry I-II, Special Histology, Physiology I-II, Immunology I-II, Biostatistics I-II, Sports Medicine, Biomedical I-II, Embryology, Clinical Physiology, Basic Microbiology, Medical Education
- Introduction to Clinical Sciences: Introduction to Pediatric Health and Diseases, Introduction to Surgery, Clinical Microbiology I-II, Pathology I-II, Pharmacology I-II, History of Medicine, Medical English V-VI, Clinical Genetics I-II, Scientific Research Techniques I- II, Introduction to Gynecology and Obstetrics, Introduction to Internal Medicine, Deontology
- Clinical Sciences: Internal Medicine, Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology, Chest Diseases, Cardiology, Pediatrics and Diseases, Gynecology and Obstetrics, General Surgery, Clinical Pharmacology I-II, Public Health I -II Urology, Cardiovascular Surgery, Ear Nose and Throat Diseases, Forensic Medicine, Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Oncology, Anesthesiology and Reanimation, Pediatric Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Neurology, Orthopedics and Traumatology, Psychiatry, Neurosurgery, Eye Diseases, Dermatology, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Child Psychiatry.
- Family Medicine (Interns): Community Medicine, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Internal Medicine, Psychiatry, Surgery and Emergency, Pediatrics and Diseases, Elective internship.
- In our academic calendar, semesters will last 14 weeks, Clinical Sciences 84 weeks, Family Medicine 52 weeks. The main purpose of our Faculty of Medicine is to train physicians who are indexed to the universal developments in medical science, who have the knowledge and skills to fully respond to the health problems of the society, and who are competent and competent to contribute to scientific developments.
1.7. International Academic Collaborations
- In the agreement made with Mersin University, all students will study at Mersin University Faculty of Medicine for the final year of education.
- According to the Cooperation Agreement between Girne American University (GAU) and Antigua Health Sciences University (UHSA), students who complete their first two-year medical education at GAU with a minimum of 90 credits and a GPA of less than 2.50, complete their remaining four years of education in Antigua Health Sciences. They are automatically eligible to receive at the University of Sciences. Students who wish and meet the above-mentioned requirements can continue their education at the Antigua University of Health Sciences in the Caribbean.